Areas of Interest and Expertise Include:
- Younger Onset Dementia (Diagnosed Under 65) such as:
Frontotemporal Degeneration (FTD)
Primary Progressive Aphasia (PPA)
- Mild Cognitive Impairment and early cognitive changes
- Middle to Late Stage Dementia
- Living Alone with a Diagnosis of Dementia
- Parkinson's disease
- Counseling for Individuals with Early Stage Cognitive Change
- Non-Medical interventions to improve quality of life
- Changes in Relationships: couples and families
- Care Partner/Family Support
- Future Care Planning Discussions
- Resource Navigation and Referral
- Support Group Facilitation
Mary O'Hara, LCSW is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in practice since 2006. Mary has over 10 years of experience working with individuals and families living with progressive and neurodegenerative disease. She offers consultation, brief/short-term therapy, as well as ongoing counseling and guidance to individuals and families living with neurological disease. Mary's clinical services include individual and family counseling, advance care planning, resource navigation, advocacy and case management.
Mary brings a variety of experience to her role at Rocky Mountain Neurobehavioral Associates. She has worked as a social worker in a Skilled Nursing Facility, at The Alzheimer's Association Nation Office 24-Hour Call Center, and as the Assistant Director of Education at Northwestern University's Cognitive Neurology and Alzheimer's Disease Center. She has focused much of her career on designing programs for people in the early stages of a dementia diagnosis, researching non-medical interventions for people with an early-stage dementia, advocating for the needs of families living with a diagnosis, as well as community education and outreach.
Mary received her BA from Boston College, where she majored in Sociology. She went on to receive an Masters of Arts in Social Service Administration from the University of Chicago. Mary is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (#4197) in the state of Colorado.
Mary O'Hara, LCSW accepts the following payment types:
- Anthem/Blue Cross Blue Shield
- American Behavioral Health
- Beacon Health Options
- Private pay